Meet the BRILLIANT competition winners for Lumiere Durham 2017.
Five winners have been selected for this year’s BRILLIANT strand, where people in the North East are invited to send in ideas for a light installation at the festival.
From a total of 125 entries,the winners are:
- Finola Finn, a graduate student at Durham University
- Emma Boyes, a paper artist living in Cumbria
- Aidan Moesby, a practising artist based in Gateshead
- Chris Plant, a digital all-rounder based in Durham
- Amy-Rose Welch, a Visual Arts student at New College Durham
Each BRILLIANT winner will have their work displayed for the first time at Lumiere Durham 2017 alongside installations by UK and international artists. They will now develop their pieces, working closely with Artichoke’s technical experts. Further details about what they have planned will be announced in the coming months.
To view all the previous winning BRILLIANT installations visit the archive on our website by clicking this link.
The BRILLIANT programme does exactly what is says on the tin and provides a brilliant opportunity for anyone with a good idea to realise it with fantastic support and on the undeniably amazing stage that is the Lumiere Festival.
Stu Langley, BRILLIANT winner 2013.