Lumiere Durham 2017 Conference: Who are we and where are we headed?Back to all
October 12th, 2017
Hosted by Artichoke in association with Durham County Council and supported by the European Commission.
Join us for the Lumiere Durham 2017 conference. This enlightening day will take a wider view of the cultural impact in the world today and what this means for the future.
Building on the success of the 2013 and 2015 conferences, this year’s line-up presents a range of visionary and renowned speakers to consider the big conversations of today and the looming questions of tomorrow. From fields spanning experimental physics to architecture and education to theatre, they will share their experiences, expertise and opinions on ideas about our changing world.
Speakers at the conference will include:
- Anuradha Henriques, Founder and Editor Skin Deep
- Claire MacDonald, Theatre practitioner and Unitarian Minister
- James Delaney, Founder and Director, Blockworks
- Judith Knight MBE, Founder and Co-director, Artsadmin
- Noeline Kavanagh, Artistic Director; CEO, Macnas
- Rami Bebawi, Partner and Co-founder of KANVA
- Sebastian White, CERN/University of Virginia
- Professor Stuart Corbridge, Vice-Chancellor and Warden, Durham University
- Tony Heaton OBE, Founder of NDACA – the National Disability Arts Collection and Archive, Chief Executive of – Shape Arts 2008-17, currently Chair of Shape, and sculptor
- The Very Reverend Andrew Tremlett, Dean of Durham
- Selina Nwulu, Poet, writer and campaigner
- Stella Hall, Festival Producer (chair)
- John Fox and Sue Gill, Dead Good Guides
- Karima Grant, Founder and Director, ImagiNation Afrika
- Laura Pidcock, MP for North West Durham
Take some time out with them to explore Who are we and where are we headed?
Address: Gala Theatre & Cinema, 1 Millennium Place, DH1 1WA Durham, United Kingdom
Date: Friday, 17 November 2017
Time: 09:00AM to 16:30PM
Ticket prices: Standard £35, Concessions: £15
To purchase tickets please visit: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/lumiere-durham-2017-conference-tickets-36055446812?aff=es2