Our BRILLIANT commissioning competition invites the public to submit bright ideas for Lumiere. Since 2011, we’ve invited local people to take part in the festival and transform their favourite local spots with light.
Now’s your turn to share your best ideas with us, find out how to take part below.
Can I apply? If you meet the criteria below then it’s time to get BRILLIANT ideas together
- You must be either originally from, or currently based in the North East to apply
- You must be aged 18 years or over
I’m not an artist, can I still apply? Yes!
- No previous artistic experience is required
- All you need is a great idea for an artwork
What kind of people usually apply? Previous winners have been:
- People interested in trying something different
- People who like to be creative in their spare time
- Artists at the start of their careers
How do I apply?
- Click below to read the BRILLIANT information pack, it includes lots of information about the scheme, the process and what information to consider when applying:
- Fill in the online application form below:
If you need the form in a different format, please let us know by contacting [email protected]
When do applications close?
- 9am, Tuesday 26th February
- REMEMBER – light should be at the heart of all ideas submitted
Good luck! If you need additional information or guidance please contact [email protected]
If you would prefer to contact us by phone, please contact our Head Office: 020-7650-7611
“Participating in the BRILLIANT scheme as a first-time artist was incredibly exciting. I had no prior experience, yet Artichoke placed total faith in my idea. It was a joy to translate my more abstract historical research into a physical artwork that people could engage with. I was blown away with the public’s response during the festival and watched as children and adults came together to discuss what it means to ‘Know Thyself’.”
Finola Finn, BRILLIANT 2017 winner
See finished works from past winners of BRILLIANT below.